This model took me longer than I expected, but better late than never, so: happy New Year 2021! This model uses a new tessellation molecule of mine which I have called Clematis Tessellation. It is very simple molecule and I noticed it is quite similar to Ilan Garibi’s Red Flower. Still, making a clean fold with a relatively small grid was quite a bit of work. The sheet is a 2:1 rectangle of Tant paper (64×32 grid), the second half of the same square whose first half I used to fold my Trilithon a while ago.
One of the images show what the model looked like before the last step of making a number of rabbit ear folds which generate the Clematis flower shapes. This raw form also looks interesting and very “Fujimotey”, even though the contrast is lower since the design is completely flat.
In December, I started work on a big project. It’s not an origami model but it’s related to origami. I hope to be able to show the results in a few months. [update: the project was creating a new version of this web site]